LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  I am a solicitor with particular expertise in road traffic law.
76316425

What's the chances I could appeal against my red light camera

Customer Question

What's the chances I could appeal against my red light camera ticket?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

That really depends. What have u been served with.

JACUSTOMER-noxk3h1u- :

Hi! At the moment I have just ticket to pay 100£ and 3 points

JACUSTOMER-noxk3h1u- :

But I could go to court to appeal if I want and trying to find out if it's worth my time and money

JACUSTOMER-noxk3h1u- :

Hello?

LondonlawyerJ :

Have you been sent a Notice of intended prosecution asking you to ID the driver?

JACUSTOMER-noxk3h1u- :

Yes

JACUSTOMER-noxk3h1u- :

To commit that I was driving

LondonlawyerJ :

Were you driving?

JACUSTOMER-noxk3h1u- :

Yes

LondonlawyerJ :

I am assuming your car is on film going through the red light? You have said you are the driver. What is the time gap between the alleged offence and the date you received the NIP?

JACUSTOMER-noxk3h1u- :

Offence 25/11/14, letter saying about committing I was driving dated for 04/12/15

JACUSTOMER-noxk3h1u- :

All I have got is a car behind me and I was affraid to stop I'm case he would hit me. I saw ***** *****ght and didn't stop. Apparently was catches

JACUSTOMER-noxk3h1u- :

Sorry apparently what camera is saying that I was on red light since red changed 1.1 second

LondonlawyerJ :

Ok that has been served within time so that is one technicality gone. I don't think your other point amounts to a defence but I will check in my copy of Wilkinsons (the bible for road traffic lawyers) when I get back to the office tomorrow morning to make sure. Hope that is OK

LondonlawyerJ :

No I don't think the circumstances you describe would amount to a defence but they might amount to a special reason that you could try to use to avoid the mandatory 3 points. If you follow this link you will find my explanation of special reasons. http://trafficlawuk.co.uk/special/