LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  I am a solicitor with particular expertise in road traffic law.
76316425

I have received a summons to appear in court for two charges - 1. speeding 2. failure to s

Customer Question

I have received a summons to appear in court for two charges - 1. speeding 2. failure to supply information following their request for details. Whilst i may obviously be guilty of the speeding I had no intention of not supplying the information . i simply did not notice any requests in my mail. i have been through this before a few years ago - is a waste of time pleading not guilty to the second offence ? Is there anything Ican say to make the judge accept that i did not deliberately ignore the requests ?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this

Customer:

So the position is that you did not receive the notice requiring you to identify the driver. Is the address the DVLA have for you the same one that you were living at, at the time that they sent the notice?