Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

re caravan sizes.the department of transport specify a maximum

re caravan sizes.the department of transport specify a maximum caravan length of 7mtrs and 2.55mtrs wide is there any legally allowable tollerance say 1 to 5 millimetres over the sizes and if not what would be the penalty.
Category: Traffic Law
Jo C. : Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Jo C. : No, there is not in short.
Jo C. : At least, the police might decide that the difference is so minor that it is not worth action. CPS might decide not to prosecute.
Jo C. : However, in law, there is no allowance. If you are under or over then you offend.
Jo C. : It would just amount to a vehicle defect offence which carries points and a fine.
Jo C. : If it is just a small amount then it would be very surprising if it came to their attention at all.
Jo C. : Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. : Jo