LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  I am a solicitor with particular expertise in road traffic law.
76316425

I received a ticket and appealed but the company did not reply

Customer Question

I received a ticket and appealed but the company did not reply within their stated time limit; so is this classed as procedure impropriety? They have now passed this fine onto DRP who have sent the final notice for full amount. My appeal stated that I did not actually park the vehicle on the premises so am I correct that I am under no obligation to give details who did.
The letter states BPA's code of practice time to challenge the charge has expired so my appeal is no longer available. I did appeal within the stated time it was their response that failed.
I have until tomorrow to pay the full amount.
The original fine states that the vehicle was left unattended as the venue was not open. I sent print a off from the web saying that the chain of venues open at 9am The third person arrived but the venue didn't actually open until 10am (advertised on the venue door). I was going to meet the third person in the venue for a drink and hand over of vehicle. The third person had to leave the vehicle for me to collect as they had to leave for work. They contacted me and I later collected the vehicle and also sent a copy of receipt that I did use the venue for its purpose.
How do I stand on still refusing to pay the ticket?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

Can you just confirm this was a private car park and not a local authority of other public body?

JACUSTOMER-nz0rhoje- :

It was a KFC car park and the original ticket was issued by: Corporate Services, Parking Management.

JACUSTOMER-nz0rhoje- :

It wasn't a local

JACUSTOMER-nz0rhoje- :

It wasn't a LA car park but not sure if its classed as public body. Ticket was issued by Corporate Services Parking Management. It was a KFC fast food venue.

Customer:

Don't thi k that is a public body so will assume it is privat ebody. ARe yu using thier

Customer:

appeal system or the trade body system. If you follow this link you will see an article a wrote on private car parking "fines".

Customer:

1. Tjat doesn't sound like a public body. Are you using their own appeal system or the trade body appeal system?

Customer:

If you follow this link you will see a blog article I wrote on this subject. As you can see my view is that if you stand up to the parking company or offer a small sum they will find it very hard to enforce their "fine" against you. http://trafficlawuk.co.uk/parking-fines-private-car-parks/

Customer:

Her also is an article about this on the consumer website money saving expert http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets