Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My wife was involved in a slow speed minor collision in a Supermarket

My wife was involved in a slow speed minor collision in a Supermarket car park. Is there any legal obligation to provide insurance details when the damage is minimal and not worth putting through insurers. No one was injured.
Category: Traffic Law
Jo C. :

Jo C. :

Yes, there is I am afraid.

Jo C. :

Any collision of any kind alleged or otherwise gives rise to an obligation to provide insurance details if requested.

Jo C. :

That is not to say that it cannot be settled privately without claiming on insurance unless, of course, your contract of insurance demands that you declare to them.

Jo C. :

But if the details of your insurance are requested by the other driver then you are under a duty to provide I'm afraid.