LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  I am a solicitor with particular expertise in road traffic law.
76316425

what could the outcome be for driving 93 miles per hour in

what could the outcome be for driving 93 miles per hour in a 70 zone and driving a motor vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a licence
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

thank you

LondonlawyerJ :

For that speed in a 70 mph limit you are looking at a fine in band B (ie medium level fine assessed with reference to your means), points in the range of 4-6 or a risk of a discretionary ban of 7-28 days. For the driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence you are looking at a smaller fine and 3-6 points.

LondonlawyerJ :

Even if you have no points on your licence there may well be a risk of a ban. If you have received a NIP or a summons it would be a very good idea to instruct a specialist solicitor.

Customer:

the otherwise in accordance I received a speeding ticket that I wasn't aware of and am now paying a fine of £400 for that so would this second part still stand?

LondonlawyerJ :

So these are separate incidents?

Customer:

I was pulled over for apparently speeding even though they didn't have a gun they just said they were following me. They then checked with the dvla because I didn't have my licence on me and told me my licence was revoked as I had an outstanding speeding fine. Which I contacted the dvla straight away and was fined £400.

LondonlawyerJ :

Ok so if it was a single incident and you did not know that your licence had been revoked then the sentencing guidelines indicate you should not get further points for the driving otherwise than etc. matter. I guess you have an old speeding matter yo may well have points on your licence and again you should get representation at court.