Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

my son was killed pushed/tripped under a articulated lorry

Customer Question

my son was killed pushed/tripped under a articulated lorry 8/12/2014.Someonehas been charged with threat. I want justice for Jaime what kind of solicitor would I need??
Category: Traffic Law
If this is a criminal prosecution of the person who pushed him then there is no need for you to employ any solicitor. The matter will be dealt with by CPS. In fact, there is no scope for you to have a solicitor as CPS conduct prosecutions.
You could also sue. It is only worth doing that if the person in question has money and can pay the award and also if your son was in work or otherwise generating an income. We don't give punitive damages in the UK. Therefore, sadly, a person's life is valued by means of their economic activity rather than the amount of their worth to their family. Any high street civil firm will be able to help you with that but there may not be legal aid available.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I go for criminal injuries?

Only if CPS drop the charges.
Then you could take out a private prosecution. That will be expensive though and CPS may take it over and drop it.