Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

what is the penalty an irish registered car in

what is the penalty for driving an irish registered car in the UK after the initial 6 months is up?
Category: Traffic Law
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am allowed 6 months maximum as a visitor to drive my car with irish registration plated in the uk..I am supposed to reregister it with uk plates if I stay in the UK any longer than that, or take it off the road ( I am also supposed to take it off the road during the process of importation/reregistration for however long the paperwork takes)

My question is what happens to me if I am caught driving it after the 6 months is up and I have still not reregistered it or taken it back to Ireland. A fine? How much? Or confiscation? Until the fine is paid? Or completely confiscated?

Thanks for helping

They will summons you for driving without a licence and insurance.
Driving without insurance carries 6 points and a fine. Having no licence carries 3 points but that will be encapsulated in the no insurance matter.
The no insurance matter will also give rise to confiscation and potential destruction although that is not likely. The problem will be that they will keep it in an impound until you can collect. To do so you will need to be licensed and insurance. It used to be able to get pound insurance for a short time but now they nearly all want one month.
Sorry if that is bad news
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have got full insurance covering me for the UK. My car is taxed, under irish system, up to date. The only thing it doesnt have is UK number plates.

But it will be invalidated if your licence is not valid.
If you drive without a licence it voids your insurance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My licence is fine . It is just the car number plates.
If it is just that you are driving a car not tax and compliant with MOT then that is a fine.
But that can invalidate your insurance.