Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

last Sunday i had my car ceased by the police and put in a

Customer Question

last Sunday i had my car ceased by the police and put in a pound because i had no insurance, i was totally unaware i did not have insurance apparently my insurance expired in October 2014. I have been driving and have always had insurance which can be proved by my bank statements. The insurance company says they sent me an email reminder and text,i can not find any emais but did find a text 31/10/14 which somehow i missed, i accept the insurance my car is my responsibility but i genuinely did not know my car insurance had lapsed.
On monday i had to reactivate my car insurance which cost me £150 and now i have to pay monthly costs of £76.60 which is £30.00 more monthly than i would have paid if this had not happened.
It cost me £170.00 to get my car out of the police pound, i have seven days to surrender my license, deadline today, penalty points 6 and £300 fine or i can opt to go to court, but if the court rule against me i will be liable costs.Do i accept the penalty? or would you advise to go to court. On top of this i have received a letter from Ford credit stating they will cease my car 29th January 2015 because of my circumstances and i will still have to pay the debt left £7,582.61, please can you advise me of my options
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Are you asking if you are liable to pay?