Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

there i have been done driving with no lisence

Customer Question

there i have been done driving with no lisence or insurance and leaving the scene of an accident that was parked. this is my first driving offence. nathan
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i want to no what the outcome in court will be?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends.
What were the circumstances?
What was your reading?
What is your previous?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my reading was about 86 i think i have no previous driving convictions at all i crashed into a parked car as i reversed into it no major damange jst a bit scrape down the side

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How did they link this to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the bloke that owned the other car seen me do it

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If this is 86 impress then that is not the worst reading. That would just lead to a fine and a ban of between 17 to 22 months. You can reduce the band period by doing the drink-driving course that you will be offered which will reduce the disqualification period by one quarter.
The failing to stop and report is more complicated though. That carries a potential 5 to 10 points or a ban. Since you will be banned anyway they are obviously going to impose a ban. The question here is what punishment is appropriate because it does carry an unlimited fine and up to 6 months custody. This is not the worst failing to stop and report. It is ultimately lose speed damage only collision. It is aggravated by the fact that you are uninsured and it was committed in drink but I think overall they would just mark it with a fine.
There should be no separate penalty no insurance. It was an offence committed at the same time and the punishment above really reflects the criminality here.
Can I clarify anything ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do u think i will get jail?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is possible.
It is not likely.