Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I recently changed my car insurance company and chose

Customer Question

I recently changed my car insurance company and chose social an domestic cover. However I recently needed to take a different method of travel towards my place of work. I had an appointment in the morning before work, which I was on my way to when I collided into the back of a van. My plan was to go to the appointment, drive to the tube station and make my way to work. However when I reported the incident I was a little flustered and mentioned that I was on my way to work. They have now asked for a letter explaining why I drove to work on that day and that they might not cover me for the damage. Given this, what would the best possible course of action be?
Category: Traffic Law
You can ultimately only tell the truth. If this is your explanation then you will have to offer it.
They may well seize upon the fact that you didn't say that at the outset and could possibly dishonour the claim. There is no way of stamping out that risk I'm afraid.
You can support your account by showing evidence of the appointment. An appointment must have had some pre planning.
The only difficulty that I can see at the outset is that if you were going to drive to the station and then travel to work then that is an excluded journey as well but I'm not clear whether the accident happened then or earlier.