Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I've received a NIP on a 70 mph limit dual carriageway,

I've received a NIP for speeding on a 70 mph limit dual carriageway, I was driving a light commercial vehicle at 69 mph
Category: Traffic Law
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was driving below the stated speed limit
Ok. So what is your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Apparently the ' class' of vehicle I was driving is subject to a 60 mph limit,I was genuinely unaware of this. Is there anything I can do?
That will be the issue. It is the only way this can be explained. Vehicles over a certain weight are restricted to 60 mph.
IF your vehicle does fall into that category then there is no defence in saying that you didn't know. Ignorance of the law is no defence generally but the road traffic act creates offences of strict liability I'm afraid.
It is mitigation obviously but no more than that.
You can always write to them making representations that this isn't kn the public interest but you cannot rely on that obviously.
Sorry but that is your position.