Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Do fail to stop in a minor car bumper accident offences be

Customer Question

do fail to stop in a minor car bumper accident offences be dealt with by summons by post and is it within 14 days police issue a postal requesition
Category: Traffic Law
Sorry?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if a fail to report and stop at a car park car accident (very minor) do the police if involved summons a person by post or do they arrest a person for questioning
As I have said before, this offence does not carry the power of arrest.
They may invite a person in for questioning voluntarily.
Or they may choose to summons by post.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i havent recieved any letters from the police for a fail to report a accident incidenr its been 2weeks now can they have dropped the case/investigation as i gave the car owner my insurance details the very same day (accident happened in morning and i seen car owner in evening) will the police know about me coming forward with my details to the car owner if the car owner initially reported it to the police BEFORE i seen her.....
Yes they could, as I have said on your other post
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so they might know about the new information from the complainant???
Yes.