Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was hit from behind while stationary at a junction a few

I was hit from behind while stationary at a junction a few months ago. The other driver accepted liability, and we claimed against their insurance to repair our car. There is an ongoing injury claim (lawyer is currently waiting for hospital documents).
I have just had my insurance renewal, and I noticed that the premium has gone up by quite a lot due to the claim. Doing an online quote shows a difference of £200 when we add the claim, even though it's non-fault.
We will have to declare this for 5 years, so it will cost us around £1,000 extra in premiums. Can we claim this against the other driver? (If so... how?) It seems really unfair that we have to pay an extra £200 per year for being hit while stationary.
Category: Traffic Law
I am really sorry but you cannot.
No claims bonuses and the like are not no blame bonuses. They are not claim bonuses and indeed you did make a claim.
That is why it is always worth trying to avoid claiming unless there are no other options.
He isn't liable for the increase in your premiums Im afraid as that is too remote from his negligent act.
It is unfair but I'm afraid road traffic is sometimes.