Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was stopped but because I had a section 59against

Customer Question

I was stopped for speeding but because I had a section 59against me the copper changed it to careless driving.I pleaded guilty by post.Its been to court and been put off for consideration for being banned.I have only got 3 points on my licence.Will I be banned
Category: Traffic Law
S59 of which legislation please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A section 59 is anti social driving with no points but lasts for a year in which your car can be taken and you pay to get it back.So when I was stopped they took my car.
What was your speed and what was the limit please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was a30mile limit I think I was going 40 but I wasn't sure
Ok.
How long have you been driving?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
23years
No, you won't be banned.
I'm not sure really what the officer is hoping to again. Whatever your record hitherto this is a speeding offence. Speeding can amount to careless driving but there isnt' really a justification here.
I would expect three points and a fine. You have been driving longer than two years so that will not lead to revocation of your licence.
At the very worst I would expect six points and a fine which would not lead to totting.
This is on the basis that this does just amount to a speeding offence aggravated by the S59 matter.