Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My Car insurance has expired 3rd july 2015 23:59 hrs (friday)..

My Car insurance has expired 3rd july 2015 23:59 hrs (friday).. I made a dumb mistake of assumption that its set for auto renewal. But looks like i had to renew it manually now.
By now its too late and its been nearly a day since my car is without insurance.
I will be sorting this out tomorrow first thing morning.
I have not been using my car for a month or so and its currently secured in a gated development. I have not been pulled by any police during this 1 day period and i will be getting insurance tmmorw (sunday).
Is there any risk of getting endorsements/convictions etc...?does the police penalise based on any database or do they only penalise when they pull and catch red handed?
Category: Traffic Law
I wouldn't worry about this.
If you had been driving there would have been an outside chance that you would have been caught by an APNR system but you weren't stopped anyway.
There is a duty to keep your vehicle continuously insured whether on private land or not but that isn't a matter for the police. That is pursued by the DVLA and they usually give people a two week grace period. They are not going to pick up one day.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for this. Quickly if at all i need to confirm that everything is fine. is there any way i can be assured that things are clean?

I shall be applying for visa later on and dont want this to be problem then.

There isn't any way of guaranteeing it but it is very unlikely the DVLA would pursue one day of no insurance.