Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Everyone. I was driving home from my work place on

Hello everyone.
I was driving home from my work place on ,15/7/15. Police caught me asked where are you going? I said I am going to work, Then he said you don't have insurance, I said I have insurance and gave him the details. Next he said even-though you have insurance it is not valid for you to do to work. moreover he said this policy is valid for social and domestic pleasure only. not valid to go to work. therefore I am going to issue £300 plus 6 points on the driving licence. I was so shocked, my head is still spinning, I tried to explain to him it was not successful. until that day I was not aware that my licences were not valid for travel to my work. my insurance was fully comprehensive and i pay £83 every month. same day I phoned insurance company change the category to social domestic and pleasure and one permanent travel to work place without paying any extra cost. they said no any additional charges that you have to pay. This is the story, I need your help to resolve this. I don't mind to pay £300 but my concern is 6 points.
If I go to courts and challenge will I be able to drop down the 6 points? Do you think judge might give me a chance, as you can see I am 100% innocent and honest person.
your advice is really appreciate.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Does your insurance cover a fixed place of work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do u mean by a fixed place of work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry My question wasn't the right one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ignore this
I will Sen a new one
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK.
What I need to know is does your insurance cover travel to a fixed place of work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
I was driving to my work place on 10/7/15.Police caught me asked where are you going? I said I am going to work, Then he said you don't have insurance, I said I have insurance and gave him the details. Next he said even-though you have insurance it is not valid for you to do to work. moreover he said this policy is valid for social and domestic pleasure only. not valid to go to work. therefore I am going to issue £300 plus 6 points on the driving licence. I was so shocked, my head is still spinning, I tried to explain to him it was not successful. until that day I was not aware that my licences were not valid for travel to my work. my insurance was fully comprehensive and i pay £140.00every month. same day I phoned insurance company explaining them what happened and ask to change the category to social domestic pleasure and commuting to work.they said that they will call me back to let me know on Monday and I should drive until they contact me back. This is the story, I need your help to resolve this. I don't mind to pay £300 but my concern is 6 points.
your advice is really appreciate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the right question
Sorry
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Would it be possible to give me the information I asked for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure
I think that it doesn't cover.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
There is no way that then.
Did you ask your insurance company to cover it? Is this their fault that it wasn't covered?
Did you tell them you would be travelling to a fixed location?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did after I got stopped
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't even know that something like that existed at all.
I just knew that I had fully com.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
You need to get to the bottom of this.
If you don't have cover to travel to a fixed place of work then this is indeed driving without insurance. No insurance is a strict liability offence so it doesn't matter whether you believe you were insured or not. Either you were insured or you were not.
If you were not then six points is the minimum that can be added although they would reduce the fine to take into account that you did have insurance but not for this specific purpose.
If you were not insured but asked your insurance company to cover this then you may be able to argue special reasons apply not to add points. I would be sure of the position with your insurance company first though. You don't want to face costs.
Can I claridy anything for you?
Experience: Over 5 years in practice.