Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

If I and a crash on the 7th April 2015, and it took till the

Customer Question

If I and a crash on the 7th April 2015, and it took till the 25th of June for the police to notify me that they were going to charge me with driving without due care and attention for a crash that was nothing more than a bump. Are they within their rights, they have offered me a course to do that I could do without.
Category: Traffic Law
Were you stopped at the scene?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The police were called not by me, and I spoke with them to explain what had happened. Which I was at fault as I drove into the back of someone but I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary it was a simple mistake.
Did they say anything about proescuting you then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes they said there could be a chance I could be done for driving without die care and attention
Thanks. They are in time then unfortunately.
They have to either stop you at scene and deliver a verbal NIP or send one out within 14 days of the offence. Since they did the former they are not under a duty to do that latter.
The only other time limit is that they need to lay an information within six months of the offence but obviously they stil have time to do that.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thanks that's great
No problem.
All the best.