Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

The police intend to prosecute because I did not reply my form

Customer Question

the police intend to prosecute because I did not reply my form to
who was the driver
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Is there a reason why you did not respond to their request?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to know if I could get the picture proving as who was the driver as was just coming from a heart surgery and could not drive for the 4 weeks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to know if I could get the picture proving as who was the driver as was just coming from a heart surgery and could not drive for the 4 weeks could you please speak to me and call me on *********** /p>

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
This is a bit of a grey area. As a matter of law you are not actually entitled to the evidence before you complete and return the form with drivers details. The law says that you must use your best endeavours to identify the driver but it does not say the police have to show you a picture first. In any event the chances of the drivers image being recorded are extremely slim as most cameras only pick up the registration number not the drivers face. Do you know who else was driving the car around that time? Was there one or more people who were entitled to drive? I am happy to do a telephone call and have sent you an additional services request.