75100385

I have been charged with using a mobile phone whilst driving

I have been charged with using a mobile phone whilst driving and have received a postal requisition form.
As I did not commit the offence I am going to plead not guilty. On several occasions I have asked the police to check my phone records to prove that I was not making or receiving a call at the time that they allege.
I was informed that the officer in question stated that ' well we'll just charge him with dangerous driving instead then'
if I do plead not guilty and records indicate that I was not using my phone can I BE CHARGED WITH SOMETHING ELSE?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
It is possible but highly unlikely. The charge is using a mobile phone whilst driving so that is all the charges you face at present. Very very rare that someone has additional charges after.