Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I wondered if you could advise me. In march 2014 i

Customer Question

hello
I wondered if you could advise me.
In march 2014 i drove a vehicle with the owners consent and assurance that i was covered by his insurance policy and was subsequently involved in a collision. I held a full driving licence but had no insurance of my own.The vehicle owners insurance paid out the damages to the third party.In July 2015 i received a letter off the vehicle owners insurance demanding I pay the full damages paid to the third party,I spoke to them via phone and refused. I have now been issued with a county court document filed by the car owner and his insurance and am unsure what to do. Do I pay the full cost or is the vehicle owner partly at fault?
The vehicle owner is my uncle and I also have an independent witness who was present when the owner gave me his permission and assurance that I was covered by his insurance.
Thankyou for taking the time to read my query.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you prepared to risk them going to the MIB?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry I don't know what MIB is

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello the MIB is the Motor Insurance Bureau