Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I LOOKING HELP. i received a letter that on m1 i was doing 56mph while there

HI, I LOOKING FOR SOME HELP. i received a letter that on m1 i was doing 56mph while there was 40 variable speed limit. I still remember that time was not any traffic not bad weather not accident and not any road work and i think there were no sign. i send them letter for proof but they send me just my car pic and even on tis pic any one can see there is no traffic. now i am thinking to challenge it or send them my driving details.
Category: Traffic Law
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Now want to know that on these basis can i challenge it and what h think can get cleared from this ticket, if i will challenge it, or shall i send them my licence details. And what u think they will offer me course or they will give penalty points
What were you thinking of?
Do you deny that you were speeding?
What would be your defence ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There was was no speed restriction on that time. I didnot see any sign. There was clear road on that time.
While section of the m1 is this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes on m1 between junction 7 to 6a. Time 12:06pm
Are you prepared to go to court?
Bearing in mind that costs would increase if you lose.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How much can be this cost. And if i will not challenge it then what will happened. They will offer me course or points on my licence
If you have a trial and lose then it will probably be between £300-£600.
The fine will increase although not by a huge amount. There will also be a court charge of £180 but both of these things would have been incurred anyway unless they offer the fixed penalty.
If they do offer the fixed penalty then it will be a fine of £100 and 3 points. They might do. You are only just over the bracket.
It is a defence to say there was inadequate signing. However, you do take a risk when you defend things as you can see above.