Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have a speeding ticket from a flash. The photo was

Customer Question

Hi, I have a speeding ticket from a flash. The photo was taken at 2.20 am and only relay shows the number plate of the car. there are no lines, no place visiable. Can I challenge it on that basis?
Category: Traffic Law
Were you speeding?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The data supplied with the photo says I was but I have no recollection of speeding over Tower Bridge. It says I was doing 37 and its now a 20 limit so there are potentially 4 points there. V worrying as I am driving for Uber and keeping my license clean is a must. Can I challenge the evidence as presented? I have added a scan of the photo they sent to me.
Sorry if I'm missing the point but what challenge are you hoping to bring? On what basis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That the evidence presented is insufficient. The photo shows nothing, no lines, no place is visible.
The photo you have been sent will not be their evidence. All that will be is an attachment to the NIP. Generally speaking they do always look much better when blown up and in colour than the image you receive on a NIP. I travel across Tower Bridge quite regularly and the GATSOs do have appropriate road markings to ascertain speed. The number of the GATSO determines location. Sorry but I have to give you truthful information. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can apply for a speed awareness course instead of the points etc or does that have to be offered?
You can always ask for it but normally it has to be offered. Anybody can ask for anything though.