Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I live in a cul de sac with 3 bungalows on each side of a narrow

Customer Question

i live in a cul de sac with 3 bungalows on each side of a narrow public road enough for 2 cars ect to pass each other, the people opposite me have a lowered kerb and spaces for parking instead of a garden now they want to stop me parking my car opposite them and park further away i can`t move further down as the other residents park there cars, the lady`s partner as no problem parking but she say`s its a struggle with my car being there so now she as been to the council to see about putting lines down to stop me parking outside my own bungalow. can you please tell me what my rights are if any
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are there any parking restrictions where you are currently parked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there are no restrictions no signs or road markings just a neighbour who thinks it should be a private road named after her

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, some people have unreasonable expectations. They are usually the ones who want the police to wait upon them.
Is she able to get out of her drive with you parked there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

she as already had a visit from the police but nothing as come of that and she can enter her drive easy you could drive a double decker bus on the drive no problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

she as already had a visit from the police but nothing as come of that and she can enter/leave her drive easy you could drive a double decker bus on the drive no problem

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
In that case there is no claim against you.
This is a public road with no restrictions and you are not causing an obstruction. There is no offence.
Unless she is going to lie through her teeth and make wild allegations there is no action she can take.
Please don't worry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you i now feel a lot better

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
All the best.