Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have been caught doing 55mph in a 30mph zone. I have a clean

I have been caught doing 55mph in a 30mph zone. I have a clean license. I am current awaiting summons to magistrate court. What kind of punishment can I expect. Would the fact I see my son every other weekend and several times each week who lives with his mother and also I use my car for my job and am the only technical sales person in my entire company meaning new business will not come into the company while I'm banned help to try to get the judge to consider other punishments than a ban.
Category: Traffic Law
When did you pass roughly ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I passed my test around 1997
Ok.
What was the date of this incident?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It occurred on 23rd August 2015
Ok. They are in time then I'm afraid.
55 mph in a 30 mph zone would normally attract either 6 points or a ban of between 7 - 56 days. it is right in the middle of the sentencing bracket so it could go either way but actually in the absence of any other aggravation I would expect 6 points.
If they are intent upon an immediate ban then Im afraid that exceptional hardship is not a consideration as this is not a matter of totting. Therefore your circumstances do not matter save for the fact that the court could reduce the other part of the sentence to reflect the fact that a ban will fall onerously upon you.
There will also be a fine of between 75-125 % of your weekly income, costs of £85, the court charge of £180, and the victim surcharge of roughly 10% of the fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think by attending court (if I have a choice) it will reflect better on me as I'm taking it seriously, or will they require my presence regardless
Generally speaking people who attend court come off better overall.
also, you may want to be there to make representations upon the ban.