Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

To whom ever this might interest.. i got caught by an apr

to whom ever this might interest..
i got caught by an apr camera last january and only recently attended court to sign a statutory declaration to plead not guilty to no insurance. they referred me to swansea court where the original offence was filed. now i was unaware of a clerical error on my policy and was adamant that i informed the broker of my private reg. it turns out that that put the original reg of the car on the policy. i only found this out when i received a txt stating they would deduct this fine from my wages. i am contesting this and as i believe to my knowledge i was insured. but due to a technicality i might have voided it.... can you advise please
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry if I am missing the point but surely then you were not insured?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

as far as i was aware i was insured not knowing about the registration not being put on my policy. i am sure i would of told them about my private reg as i had it on the car at the time and have nothing to gain by not disclosing it at the time of taking the policy out. i know it looks bad but i did pay money to be insured and surely its just down to a clerical error or oversight?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but you were not insured?
There is no dispute over that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so how do i change my statement and avoid going to swansea next monday the 5th only to be told the inevitable please jo?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends what you want to do about this.
What you should be doing is pleading guilty and arguing special reasons if indeed there was no way that you could have known that you were not insured.
If there was a way you could have known then you don't have the best special reasons argument either.
However, either way you were not insured and so don't have a defence.
If you plead guilty on the day of trial and explain that you had entered your plea without advice then probably they would give you full credit as unrepresented people cannot be expected to know the law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so i can not stop the swansea court hearing by changing my plea jo?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, the hearing will carry on either way.
You can plead by post but you are probably too late for that now if it is set down for trial.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice.