Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Penalty Charge Notice- appeal and advise. I received a Pcn

Customer Question

Penalty Charge Notice- appeal and advise. I received a Pcn from council for parking for longer than permitted- Eletric vehicle bays and there is "no return within rule" However I believe the contravention did not occur. I did not exceed the parking maximum
stay because the vehicle was moved at 10:00 am and returned to charge at 11:50am there is No Return policy active in the bay the CEO failed to appreciate the vehicle was moved and returned. The council rejected my informal challenge, say
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The council rejected my informal challenge, saying CE0 notes clearly indicate he recorded the vehicle front/rear tyre valve positions as 8/12 subsequently vehicle trye vales positions were the same at 8/12.My versions of events can be backed up my friend who was is with me when I moved the car and then returned to charge.What are my chance of succeeding on appeal, and how should tactically proceed with the appeal.Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry if I am missing the pont but surely you did return?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did return, because there is No Return policy active in the bay. The council thinks I outstayed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Then surely that breached the no return policy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no return rule.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I am not sure I understand?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you a uk solicitor? I don't think this is issue is in your remit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
.I received a Pcn from council for parking for longer than permitted- Eletric vehicle bays and there is "no return within stating by the sign
However I believe the contravention did not occur. I did not exceed the parking maximum stay because the vehicle was moved at 10:00 am and returned to charge at 11:50am there is No Return policy active in the bay
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, so that means you can't return? And you did?I realise that isn't the basis of the PCN at this stage but they can amend that. They do seem to be onto the need to do that from their responses. That is the reason they have rejected your challenge.Those who leave and return are circumventing the maximum stay periods which is why no return rules exist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's means I can return as many time as I like
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That my point there is no return rules
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Best of luck.
I'm afraid I can't agree so I will opt out for others.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait for another to answer thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi can you issue a full refund, there is no solicitor who can answer as ive waited long enough