75100385

I was driving in the opposite lane to bypass a traffic jam

I was driving in the opposite lane to bypass a traffic jam in a 30mph zone what is the penalty for such an action
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
It depends on the speed and how long? Do you have other points?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a clear licence and was late for a meeting to attend at the house of Lords and was driving about 32mph in a 30mph road but in the opposite lane there was no oncoming traffic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was forcefully arrested and taken to the local police station without having my rights read or anything and then taken to a mental hospital
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It could be careless / inconsiderate driving. In this case the max penalty can be disqualification. But generally you would get points and a fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well this happened in 1999/2000 and I have never had the opportunity to clarify what the penalty should have been I was under the assumption it should have been points etc, I did not have my rights read to me by the police officer either. It is only now that I am thinking about having this all investigated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would it come under the jurisdiction of traffic law or human rights?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then it makes no difference then. If you have not been charged they are out of time. No point getting it investigated - I would let sleeping dogs lie.
This wont be traffic law as it happened so long ago. If you are thinking of challenging if you have been convicted sadly you only have 28 days to lodge an appeal.
But as its happened so long ago for such a minor offence I would not let this worry you as it was over 15 years ago.
Can I clarify anything else for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it destroyed my life I was taken to a mental hospital and had drugs administered to me as well as being labelled manic depressive. But thankyou for your help, I cant find peace until I get justice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The police took me to the hospital.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before that I was working and excelling in my career
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You sadly have 3 years to bring a personal injury claim. This means you needed to bring it by 2003 at the very most. Sadly you are well out of time and the action is time barred under the Limitation Act 1980.
I am sorry that this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou so much for your honesty and help. That is all I wanted to know.