Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My wife has been issued a notice relating to driving at 34mph

My wife has been issued a notice relating to driving at 34mph in a 30 mph area. She has been placed under a lot of pressure to attend a driving course at an est cost of £90 or receive 3 penalty points and pay £100 which at present is her preferred course. She has a clean licence and would not like her insurance to be affected There is strong inference that if she took this to court the penalty could end up being greater..
She is not sleeping at all well, and is very concerned about the above Can you please advise which course of action she should take.
We have recd no evidence of the above offence and my feeling is that the police are not offering all the options... With thanks in advance on any help that you can give Chris
Category: Traffic Law
What other option were you hoping for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If this is worth taking to court and what the outcome may be
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are 3 points on my wife's driving licence likely to increase car ins. premiums ?
The outcome will be that she will be convicted, receive three points, a fine of 75-125% of her weekly income, costs of £85, the court charge of £180 and the victim surcharge of 10% roughly of the fine.
Therefore, unless she has a defence it is not worth going to court.
Three points are disclosable to insurers and it does increase the premium but only by about thirty pounds.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please cancel phone request.. and advise what are the thresholds relating to speeding offences ?
Are you ready now?