75100385

I revived an NIp care and attention the alledged

Hello i revived an NIp for due care and attention the alledged offence took place on the 3/11 the NIP has a date of the 1/12 on it do I still need to fill it out or can I reject it?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
Are you the registered keeper or the car please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i am the registered keeper and was the drive of the time of this alleged incident. I have also been informed by my insurance company that a third part is trying to make a claim against me for a collision that took place at this time that i was not aware of.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it is too long. If you are the owner and keeper and it has been sent outside of the 14 day period it is out of time. They must send it to the registered keeper within 14 days.
If it was a hire company, sent within 14 days then they can take longer to send it to you, because its the first 14 days that count.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
So just to clarify the notice was for an incident of Due care and attention which took place on the 03/11/15 the notice was produced by the authority on the 01/12/15.
So can I reject this notice by sending it back to the authority as it fulls outside the 14 day rule. But on the back it says if you were involved in a collision the requirement to serve such a notice is removed.
I may have been involved in an accident and failed to stop at the scene and not reported it because i was not aware of it happening.
I don't want to find that I receive 6 points and a fine for not filling in the NIP and then a further prosecution for failing to stop at the scene of an accident?
Dave
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean you may have been involved in a collision? Surely you must be able to remember?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i was shocked to learn this information form my insurance company and to receive the NIP.
It may have been a slow low impact accident or someone is trying it on.
There appears to be no damage to my vehicle other than what you would expect of a 13 year old car that has spent a lot of its life in a public car park.
So i guess i need to fill in the NIP and send it back so the police can carry on with their investigation?
I want to do the wight thing but i also do not want to be taken advantage of.
Dave
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes indeed Dave.
Can I clarify anything else for you?
ALex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that is fine you have clarified what i had thought, though i did hope the 14 day rule would have given me loop hole so i could have ended this situation with out all the worry of not knowing whether i did or didn't cause or have a collision.
Thanks Dave