75100385

I received 4 PCN's on 4 consecutive days displaying

I received 4 PCN's on 4 consecutive days for not displaying an up-to-date Residents parking permit. I had displayed a note stating that the permit had been applied for.
I challenged the PCNs and "as a gesture of goodwill" the latter 3 PCNs were cancelled.
I have now received the Adjudicator's decision that the charge is payable on the first PCN.
dated 29th May.
I question the fact that my Residents Permit was paid for and valid from 15 May, and although not on display, would it not be normal, seeing my temporary note, for the CEO to check by phone with the RBK Parking services?
Would appreciate your advice [please.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Who issued the PCN's please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A Traffic Warden for Kingston-upon-Thames
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its bad news I am afraid. You are required to have your permit upon display. If you do not have a permit yet then technically you should not be parking there. Its the same with applying for a driving licence, you shouldnt drive until its actually in your hand.
So no, it would not be normal for a CEO to check with RBK.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, What is not clear is why they should accept to cancel three of the pcn's and not the first one. Its like a contradiction.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
They said its a gesture of goodwill, but it does not necessarily follow that they must cancel all of them.
You could pay up and then take it to a small claims Court. But sadly the Adjudicator went against you, this is the problem here.
I am sorry. Can I clarify anything else for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, yes......it seems so unfair....... but must accept.... thankyou for your advice.
Barbara