Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My name is***** would like some advice of what to

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** would like some advice of what to do.
I was driving on m4 and I have been recorded by the police
My speed was 105 miles I have the court hearing notice which
Do on 03/02/16
I'm a builder I'm running a small business I can loose my licence
Can I get an advice of what to do how to filling up form and if there is a
Chance to not to loose my driving license?
Regards Zsolt
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Plese help me to not to loose my licence as I can continue with my business afterwards.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I can't continue earning money if I loos license. Sorry for my writing.
Appreciate your help.
Regards Zsolt
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Do you have any other points?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm afraid no. Unless I was really needs to get to the next service are to use toilet. All so I'm driving seems 2000 every day. And I can't use public transport about some phobia. I have 6 points on my licence and completed AA driving course as well all for speeding. I know it's going to be very difficult. I'm happy to pay a higher penalty change as I'm feeling guilty.
Regards Zsolt
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
What is the date of your points?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
14/09/11 SP30
26/03/13 SP30
AA driving course early this year I'm not sure nowThat is show I'm really looking to not to speed.
On the correct occasion I had new car same as my old one my old car was Audi A6 diesel it was a bit poor condition, had engine problems and I bought the same model but it was petrol car with turbo it was my firs journey I didn't watch the clock it was really quite on the motorway and so dark that's why I didn't watch speed I know I was fast but I didn't think that fast, this car was in really good condition, with almost new tires so it was a safe drive. So to drive this car felt the same thing, because the better conditions I didn't feel the speed as high as it was.
I don't spend normally especially if I'm in traffic, this time was no cars around me like half a mile.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
What is the date of this offence?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes my mob is *********** Thanks Zsolt
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Date of offence is 21/10/15 20:27 pm
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
You only have three points on your licence. The ones from 2011 are no longer operative.
You are at risk of 6 points or an immediate ban for this particular offence. You would probably only get 6 points though unless there is some form of aggravating feature. That would mean you would only have 9 points which would place you on the cusp of a ban but not quite there.
You could be banned outright but that is not likely. If you are then it would only be for between 7 - 56 days although most likely only 14. That would have a horrendous effect upon your insurance though but nothing more than that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So what do I need to do now? There's 3 option
Plead guilty by post this would be the most suitable for me.
Or plead guilty at court
Or plead not guilty
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
You can plead guilty by post. You might be summonsed for consideration of disqualification though.
On the whole, people get better deals if they attend court.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok so what shall I bring to court.
How to get solicitor or how to apply to get from court
Court hearing date is 03/02/16
At Salisbury Law Courts SP2 7EP
How mats the private solicitor cost or what do you reckon do I need to get private or apply one from court is it free from court?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
You can only use a solicitor if you pay privately. Legal aid is not available for speeding.
A barrister under public access would be cheaper anyway and they would probably charge about £500 plus VAT.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do I need to get solicitor or barrier? Or can attend on court whiteout?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
You can appear unrepresented. Most people do in this circumstance.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What documents shall I bring to court?
What should I say or not to say?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Why can't you work if you are banned?
I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I doing house renovation mostly new bathroom and kitchen. So I have to carry tools and materials, to a work place. I can't do it on transport, all so I can't use transport as I feel distress. I'm leave in London about 10 years and only use 3-4 times as it really uncomfortable for me. So if I lose license I don't know what to do. I have plenty to pay bills insurances tax as I'm self employed.I really appreciate your help, I looked how to rate you if you can tel me how to do I'm really happy to do so.
Reg Zsolt
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
You should be able to rate but don't worry if you can't. We can sort it out at our end. You need to gather evidence of what you do and which tools you need to carry and why you cannot do that by public transport or pay a driver. The latter being the important thing. You only need to travel to a fixed location with all of this once. The court will want to understand why you can't pay a driver. If you get over that hurdle then you would probably want to show what impact it will have upon you - e.g what will happen to your accommodation. I have generally found that if you can show that a ban will have an impact upon innocents like employees or family members then that will persuade them.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your help can we continue on Monday I will think if I need to know anything else or at least we can do your rating.
Thanks again and have nice weekend.
Regards Zsolt
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Yes, no problem.
All the best.