75100385

Back in April this year my car was involved in an accident.

Back in April this year my car was involved in an accident. It was parked outside my house and a guy came past in a transit van and knocked the wing mirror clean off. He apologised and we exchanged numbers and decided to settled this without using his insurance.To cut a long story short, he disappeared and it took me 6 months to track him down and get him to admit liability to his insurance company.His insurance agreed to pay for all the damages, some of which I had already had repaired. But now they are disputing one of the invoices.My car is completely wrapped in a special film. When he knocked my wing mirror off he also marked the passenger wing and door, so I had to have the entire passenger side of the car re-wrapped at a cost of £2,000. I sourced a wrapping company to do it. Invoice is attached.His insurance company are refusing to pay it as it doesn't contain 'parts and labour' costs. They contacted the wrapping company but they have annoyed them so much that they are now refusing to respond to them.They have paid me out for all the other repairs apart from this one.This has been going on for 8 months now and I'm tired of dealing with this. I have threatened them if they don't pay I will take them to court.My question is;1. Does the invoice HAVE to contain this information?2. If I take them to court what do you think my chances of winning are?Thanks
Dave
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
1) No it is not required to have this. However it is usual to have parts and labour split. It can't really be hard to the garage to give this. They have done the work so will know how much material and how long it took to repair.
2) I think good. They could only argue it was not warranted or too expensive. Therefore you would just need to get a letter from the garage saying the work was required and several comparison quotes for the work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats great thank you!