How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am to go to court to plead guilty to driving without insurance

Resolved Question:

I am to go to court to plead guilty to driving without insurance but I already have 6 points on my licence. Will they decide on a driving ban at the same hearing or will they give me a further date?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Are you pleading guilty at court or sending a guilty plea by post?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will send a guilty plea by post if it has no bearing on a driving ban, otherwise I will attend
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. If it's by post it will be set down for a hearing for you to be banned in person. If you attend instead of sending in the plea by post you will be banned there and then.
You are better off going in as the sooner it starts the sooner it ends.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So, if I go into court I can discuss the ban with them? How can I deal with this, is there a specific amount of time I get banned for or is it dependent on things?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You will be banned for 6 months, unless you can show exceptional hardship. If so it can be reduced. But the ban is a mandatory 6 months.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does, thank you! How would I show "exceptional hardship"? Does the fact that I have livestock at a field (not at my house) count? They require checking daily.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It needs to be exceptional, not just hardship. If you want to argue it you would do well in getting a lawyer to prepare it for you.
For example a taxi driver losing his job was not enough to show exceptional hardship.
Does that clarify?
Ash and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you