75100385

I am to go to court to plead guilty to driving without insurance

I am to go to court to plead guilty to driving without insurance but I already have 6 points on my licence. Will they decide on a driving ban at the same hearing or will they give me a further date?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Are you pleading guilty at court or sending a guilty plea by post?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will send a guilty plea by post if it has no bearing on a driving ban, otherwise I will attend
Ok. If it's by post it will be set down for a hearing for you to be banned in person. If you attend instead of sending in the plea by post you will be banned there and then.
You are better off going in as the sooner it starts the sooner it ends.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So, if I go into court I can discuss the ban with them? How can I deal with this, is there a specific amount of time I get banned for or is it dependent on things?
You will be banned for 6 months, unless you can show exceptional hardship. If so it can be reduced. But the ban is a mandatory 6 months.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It does, thank you! How would I show "exceptional hardship"? Does the fact that I have livestock at a field (not at my house) count? They require checking daily.
No.
It needs to be exceptional, not just hardship. If you want to argue it you would do well in getting a lawyer to prepare it for you.
For example a taxi driver losing his job was not enough to show exceptional hardship.
Does that clarify?