Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I have been charged with driving with 57ug% in my breath, but

I have been charged with driving with 57ug% in my breath, but I can show that it should read 42ug%. As this is still over the legal limit, am I entitled to an acquittal?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. How were you able to do reduce the reading?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After driving and whilst waiting for the police to attend, I had a migraine attack, so I took a dose of valerium tincture. A forensic scientist has calculated that without the VT, my reading would have been 42ug%.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
OK that certainly sounds helpful but it doesn't amount to a defence to the charge. What you can demonstrate is that your reading should be lower than 57 but even according to the expert you are over the limit of 35.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
What you seem to be saying is that you are over the limit but not as much as alleged by the police...consequently you could reduce the ban but a reduction in the limit is not the same as a defence.