Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I need some legal help in regards ***** ***** congestion charge

Customer Question

Hi. I need some legal help in regards ***** ***** congestion charge penalty that I never receive notification and is gone know to bailiffs
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
what would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The traffic offense was in August, and I never received any notification. I went on hols and when I came back I had a letter from bailiffs dated of 29 of December and that was 11th of January already. 4 Days later I receive another leter dated back of 8th of January, advising enforcement. I tried to contact TFL to clarify what matter without success, and yesterday I had an enforcement agent at my door to collect £512. I tried to filed a statement for out of time at the Traffic Enforcement Office, but they didn't accept it because the signature need to be verified at my local county court. The appointment for that on my local county court is not until friday, and I am afraid they bailiffs might take my car that is parked in the street. My question is, if I pay the £512 to stop the bailiffs, can I still apply for the statement for out of time, or will I be accepting this way liability, and cannot get the money back or complain about the all situation?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
In principle, if you pay then you could recover the money but it is fair to say that it is very difficult to do and I wouldn't advise it.
If your car is not in walking possession then just park it many streets away from your property so the bailiffs cannot recover it.
If you pay then it will take endless hours to recover the money.
Can I clairfy anything for you?