75100385

There I just been disqualified from driving ,will I be

Customer Question

Hi there I just been disqualified from driving ,will I be able to insure my car ? It as been bought on finance and finance states it to be insured all the time if I declare it SORN will I breach my contract with finance? Will I be able to tax it if is SORN? As I am disqualified can I add another driver on to my policy for the time of my ban so it can have TAX and MOT?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes you can insure it, but you wont be able to drive it. You will also be able to add another named driver so you can tax and MoT it.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi are you going to call me or is it me who as to call regarding my questions?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes, do you have a number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi did you get my number ? Not sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H Alex as you said I can insure the car and add another driver onto the policy does the named driver drive it let say to take the car for a MOT? Or will be able to drive the car at all?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex when I by the insurance does it have to be comprehensive or it doesn't matter ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Makes no difference.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Alex I have a question for you ,as I asked before about insurance ,can I have a policy in my name being disqualified and add a second driver named on it? As you said before is OK to do it in my name and add another driver I just wonder
Antonio
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.
Yes you can ask your insurance. Just because you are disqualified does not prevent you from insuring it.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok , but will it be invalidated if stopped by police or having an accident (not me driving ) but the named driver? Or can I as being the car owner allow someone to have someone as main driver without my name on the policy
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.
No. As long as you are not driving you are ok. You need to ask the insurance company as who is lead policy holder and who is named.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok ,but I already purchased an insurance with me as policy holder and the other person as the second driver trough a uswitch website ,after talking to my manager about it she pointed as I am disqualified it may be a void so she said I might better let the second driver as the main driver solo not my name on it, my name only as the owner ,I'm confused is this right?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is this my last question wright?
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.
You need to check the policy terms and conditions.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OK , what if I cancel my policy as it still on less than 14 days can I take my name out of the policy and let other person be the main driver and policy holder? With me being the car owner is it allowed? I am a bit worried
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.
You cant cancel unless they allow you to - its not covered under the 14 day cooling off period.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OK thanks . so let's go back a bit if I can't cancel and I am disqualified , as you said on the beginning I can still insure my car providing I add a 2* driver ? My big worries is to take the car to a MOT in the future (June ) and the 2* driver being stopped by police
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.
If you insure then it can be driven by anyone who is insured and qualified to hold a licence.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Can the policy be in my name as I am disqualified?
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.
Thats up to the insurance company
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
When I bouth the insurance online I stated my disqualification and being the policy holder with a 2* named driver and was accepted
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.
Ok, there you go then. But check with your insurance on the phone.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Alex I have a question ,being my car on finance I'm not sure if I can MOT it or service only at the main dealer or can It be any garage to service or MOT as long it as original parts
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.
You need to check with the finance company to see what they say, it will be in their terms and conditions. It should be that you can have it done anywhere as long as its to the same spec.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OK , so the same applys to an MOT?
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.
Yes. MoT you can get done anywhere.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Have checked with finance and they say it can be serviced anyware as long it meets the standards met by finance company
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.
Good.