Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Is a parking ticket enforceable on a unnamed road in denbighshire,

Customer Question

is a parking ticket enforceable on a unnamed road in denbighshire, wales
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is a parking ticket enforceable on a unnamed road in denbighshire wales
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
Can you explain your situation a bit more?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I own a property in rhyl town centre where there is a unnamed road roughty 50 metres long in between kinmel st and a private car park and my building is about 30 metres long this road it used to be about 30 years ago the entrance to the old bus station that was where the car park and job centre is now, there is a loading bay across the way of the unnamed road but is always full there is double yellow lines on our side of the road, and once you pull up to drop something of or pick something up the traffic warden are there in a flash i just wanted to know if the ticket could be force able on a unnamed road as basely the road is just a road to the car park as the road has no name does it belong to anyone.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
Who is the issuer please?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Denbighshire County Council and the ticket is a penalty charge notice
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
Ok. That is a proper parking fine then.
The short answer is that you need to check with the traffic management order.
If this is public road maintained by the council and the TMO enforces a prohibition at that location then they can enforce it.
If it is private or unadopted road then they cannot as it is not their domain.
The fact that it is not named is a non issue although it is one tell tale sign of an unadopted road. Another is the absence of street furniture and lighting.
They should send you a copy of the TMO if you appeal asking and if you do so within 14 days you will not lose your right to pay at the discounted amount as they will extend that.