Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Speeding Fine of £100 + automatic 3 points on wife's licence

Speeding Fine of £100 + automatic 3 points on wife's licence , as allegedly going 40 mph in 30mph area at 10.30 pm out of Edinburgh before christmas. Q : How often is it obligatory for Police to re-calibrate their machines ; they responded with photo showing just our number plate in pitch black surrounds / 40mph in corner / machine valid from 3rd March 2015 for a year [ie. over 10 months since last checked .. inadequate ?.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It isn't obligatory at all now after the case of Bray.
However usually they will do it every twelve months.
The fact that it wasn't done within ten months was never an issue and certainly does not render the device inadequate I'm afraid.