75100385

Will a Drink Drive conviction effect entry into the U.S. under

Customer Question

Will a Drink Drive conviction effect entry into the U.S. under the Visa waiver system
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.When was this and what did you get please?Have you applied for an ESTA yet?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My conviction was October 8th banned fo20months which will be reduced to 15 months after awareness course.
Yes I have a ESTA
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. On the ESTA you will have been asked have you ever been arrested or convicted etc? You must have answered no to get the ESTA.The US and UK do not share criminal convictions so the US wont know about the drink driving.So unless you tell them they will NOT know about it.Thousands of people every year travel to the USA with minor convictions without an issue. But they will only know about it, if you tell themCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No more questions thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Great and have a fab holiday.Alex