Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I have been charged with being in charge of a motor vehicle

I have been charged with being in charge of a motor vehicle above the alcohol limit. The place on the charge sheet is wrong and does not exist. What does this mean
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you.How wrong is the address? Is it the street or the town?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was in Birchwood Road, Exmouth when the police arrested me. The charge sheet has it as Birchwood Wood, which does not exist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When approx will the solicitor call
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
The issue with the address is not going to help unfortunately. As soon as the problem with the address is raised the prosecution will apply to amend the charge; the amendment will be granted by the court as this is such a minor technicality. The High Court has said in many similar cases in the past that minion technicalities will not result in prosecutions being dismissed especially when they can be rectified without any prejudice to you. After all you are not suggesting that you weren't arrested nor are you suggesting that you weren't in the street in question.