75100385

I received a parking charge 6th of Dec 2015,

Hello,I received a parking charge for the 6th of Dec 2015, but i received the letter in January 2016.Ive called the post people and they said there was no delay from them.Ive called the parking charge people and they said theyve sent the letter in time for me to pay the reduced charge of 60£.I told them that i received the letter in January and that would force me to pay 100£.Anyway.Now they want me to pay 170£ if not they take legal action.They sent me a letter for this.The charge is for me stopping for 20 minutes in the parking lot where i used to park most of the weekends for the last 3 years, because i do my shopping there, and always paying the fee for the time i stay.I had no idea that i cannot stop for a little, without leaving the car, without having to pay.I offered to pay 100 £ even if is totaly unfair, but they didnt accepted.What can happen if i dont answer the letter and refuse to pay the 170£?thank you.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What postmark is on the envelope please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,If you are asking about the last letter i received from them, its Royal Mail.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The parking charge of 6th Dec 2015, what date is postmarked on envelope?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brb please.I have to find the letter.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That envelope is from UKMail but there is no date on it.or if it was ive tear it apart when opening the letter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry.ive messed up the letters.it was from Royal Mayl aswell but i dont think i still have the envelope
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - you should pay the £100 and send a cheque or payment for that. You can refuse to pay the additional £70 on the basis that they failed to make sure the letter was properly served.You could also get a letter from Royal Mail to send to them confirming there was no delay at the Post Office end. At most they could try and take you to Court for the £70, but as its a small claim it would not be cost effective for them.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, the normal charge was 60£, they sent it late and this would have forced me to pay 100.whyle waiting for an answer from the post theyve raised at 170.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The attacment is the letter from the post.should i send a copy of that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And send cheque in the name of who?The people that sent me letters are a debt recovery agency.Debt Recovery Plus Ltd.If i go online i have to pay all 170 and the idea if sending a cheque doesnt sound very safe to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What happends if i dont answer and pay at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not receiving any more answers from you.Was the one where you advise me to send them a cheque your last answer?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay, I was just having lunch. I would only send the £60 then. You are not liable for any more, the Post Office confirms there is nothing wrong with delivery.Therefore it is NOT your fault.I would only pay the £60. Debt collectors can NOT do anything.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem.So i should send a cheque of 60£ to the parking people?Should i send them a copy of the post letter aswell?Should i write something to them?
I managed to find the charge letter but there is no date on the envelope.Only some sort of code.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes send a cheque to the parking people. Just write and enclose a copy of the letter from Royal Mail saying no issues with the post.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Write what?Im sorry, im not god at this stuff.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Write saying you are only paying the £60 because there is no problem with the post. Its not your fault you are late.Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great.Thank you very much for your answer.Have a great day!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck! Alex