Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have used a private Parking Eye car park. I put

Hello. I have used a private Parking Eye car park. I put in £2 but it didn't issue a ticket. I put in a further £2 and again no ticket. I put a notice in the windscreen to this effect. i have since been issued with a parking fine. I have appealed to Parking Eye but they have rejected it. I have appealed to POPLA and the evidence from the Parking Eye claimed that their machines were working correctly, but also showed that they have two payments of £2 exactly when I inserted my money. POPLA have however rejected my appeal claiming that a contract with the company was not honoured by me. Do I have to pay the fee? If not what are my rights and options?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello when did this incident occur?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
16th December 2015
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Are you prepared to risk being sued?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That depends on my chances and the costs involved
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my reply to the question on possibly being sued?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, I didn't so thanks for the reminder. Costs are not huge with this type of action. Usually about £35 and fixed solicitors costs of £50. The chances of being sued are also fairly low. They will send letters and make phone calls that will make threats but the chances of actually being sued are not high as it is not cost effective for them. They could but it isn't likely. If they were to sue then the issue really comes down to what the signs at the location say. If they do demand that a ticket is displayed and it was not then you are in breach. There is no way around it. Half the time the signs are void for uncertainty though. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Thanks for the advice.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. By the way I did put a written sign in my window to say that I hadn't been able to obtain a ticket but had paid. This wasn't photographed by their camera which just filmed the number plate. Will this help my case?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends what the signs at the location say. If they demand that a ticket be displayed then it doesn't really matter whether the fault lay with them or not.I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.