Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My son has been caught on camera driving at 91mph on a motorway in a 60mph zone. he is 18

my son has been caught on camera driving at 91mph on a motorway in a 60mph zone.
he is 18yrs old and has held his licence for 18mths
he will lose his job as a trainee qs if he loses his licence
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking if he will be banned?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any possible outcomes really?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but a short ban is quite likely. This is nearly 50% over the speed limit. That would normally lead to between 7 - 56 days disqualification.It is possible that he could just get 6 points but then his licence would be revoked.It is possible they could charge this as a driving without due care but actually that doesn't really change the sentencing options all that much so it probably won't happen.There will also be a financial penalty but that isn't his primary concern.The only real hope is that they forget to summons him which might happen. They do that sometimes.Can I clarify anything for you? I'm just off line for about an hour but I'll be home soon.Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. When you say forget to summons him,does this mean he may only receive points and a fine without appearing and receiving a ban.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
He can enter a plea in absence although they will probably ask him to attend for consideration of disqualification.Ultimately though, he is on a summons not on bail so they would have to sentence in absence.