Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I received a notice of driving 105mph speed on mortorway. I

Customer Question

I received a notice of driving 105mph speed on mortorway. I am worrying that I might get a driving ban.Please advise
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any other points?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have clean licence
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I presume this was a 70 mph zone? It had not been reduced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a 70mph zone
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
In that case, you are at risk of a short ban of between 7 – 56 days but you would almost certainly just get 6 points. This at the lower end of the sentencing bracket anyway and, in the absence of any other aggravating features, there is no real justification for an outright ban. There will also be a financial penalty though I am afraid. Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any idea of how much the penalty would be and also is there any way to avoid the driving ban. I do not mind the points and penalty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is if possible to go for a speeding course instead
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No. The speed is too high proportionate to the limit for a speed awareness course.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much the penalty would be? Is there any way to avoid the driving ban. I do not mind the points and penalty
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
As I have said, it is likely that you would receive points rather than a ban.As I have said, it is likely that you would receive points rather than a ban. There will be a costs order of £85, a fine of roughly 125-175% of your weekly income and the victim surcharge of roughly 10% of the fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to appear at court and will it be a criminal conviction if so how long will it take to remove from the records i.e 6 years
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No but they will probably summons you to attend to consider your representations about a ban.It will remain at the DVLA for 4 years, for 3 years on your licence and for 5 - 10 years for the purposes of insurance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your answers
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.All the best.