Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I insured my car with Swinton car insurance

hi my name is sarah
I insured my car with Swinton car insurance on the 4/3/16 they took card payment straight away. on the 22/3/16 I received a reminder letter to send in my no claims discount which I did on the 23/316 on the 29/3/16 they then took a second payment by direct debit which would cover me till end of April. then the 6/4/16 I had a email saying welcome to Swinton documents can be found on line. all seemed in order until unfortunately a girl crashed into me on the 11/4/16 her admitting straight away it was her fault police were called they did a vehicle check and all was in order I was insured, my two kids and I were taken to hospital that night.
next day early morning I contacted Swinton car insurance to make them aware and to start the ball rolling about putting a claim in against the other party for them to say I was not insured the policy had been cancelled on the 6/4/16 due to not receiving my NCB. which was odd as same day they said they cancelled it I had that email saying welcome to Swinton. later that day 12/4/16 the post delivered a letter from Swinton saying my policy had been cancelled a day after my crash. there was no confirmation of policy being cancelled till the 12/4/16 a day after crash which I got the postman to sign as proof that's when I got it. I have put an official complaint in with Swinton who say they can take up to 8 weeks to come back with a final response I requested that my documents were sent out to me and they were, in the documents there is a letter from aviva who Swinton act for saying there was a mid term adjustment to my policy and my cover starts from the 6/4/16 to march 17 with NO NCB clearly that says I was insured for the time of my crash. now they are saying that was cancelled but no reason for this Swinton say they sent a letter out on the 30/3/16 which was a reminder but I did not have this letter so from the 6/4/16 to 12/4/16 I was not aware I was not insured and they have basically left me to commit a crime of driving my vehicle uninsured I have got a car I cannot drive and they wont do anything about it except log this complaint and to see what the outcome is . the financial Omdurman's are aware and will get involved if after final statement of Swinton isn't the outcome I agree with. I would appreciate any advice you could give me and advice on how to claim off her insurance if my insurance wont help
thankyou miss Vaughan
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need advice on what to do next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cani help me please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anyone there to give me advise please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
advice needed from my question you have taken my money
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I need to know what your specific question is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I'm seen as not insured at end of complaint can I still claim of her insurance as it was her fault
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes.Having no insurance is a criminal matter but it doesn't mean that you cannot pursue your civil claim yourself.What it does mean is that the insurance company will not pay for it though and you would be at risk of costs if there were any adverse decisions.But you are perfectly free to pursue this yourself.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Experience: Over 5 years in practice.