Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Do i have to inform my car insurance re blue badge abuse parking

do i have to inform my car insurance re blue badge abuse parking fine £279 incident was december 2013 and when is it considered spent
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean from the point of view of your insurance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What sentence did you receive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I thought you were fined? Is this a court ordered fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sentence just a fine by magistates
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you have not replied
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have not replied with
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list.If you were fined then it will be spent after one year.However, car insurance companies are entitled to ask for this information if they are covering you for blue badges for up to ten years.It will remain on enhanced checking for life and standard for eleven years.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your answer i am not the blue badge holder i just needed to know if i had to inform the insurance of my fine for misuse of blue badge(my wifes) when i apply for my car insurance when they pose the question have you had any motoring convictions in the last five years like fixed fines for speeding etc i do not think parking offences count i was not sure that by using the blue badge to park how it applied i paid two fines one for parking and one for misuse of badge
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You only have to inform if you are asked about it directly or about convictions generally.It isn't a road traffic conviction and so not automatically disclosable.