Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I would like to know having been breathalysied by police -

Customer Question

I would like to know having been breathalysied by police - blew registered 72- had blood test the following:-how would 1.75 bottles of 13% wine compare with a home poured possibly 100 to 50ml 40% scotchPolice came to the house- we continued drinking
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just respond by e mail or call 07836 787111 - Ive been waiting over 2 hours!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure I understand your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been apprehended by police at home post driving. Reported as erratic driving. I was.taken to station Blew 72 into breathalyser plus blood test- I'd had message my sister that morning had suffered a brain blood clot abroad - bad day. Coma now passed. I had nothing to drink that day before I drove - I did drink on return to home possibly 100 -150mls of whiskey in my panic my memory passes me , it may have been 1.75 bottles of wine. I DONT KNOW.Can you tell me the difference on my breatherlyser between the scotch or the wine intake.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know if I drank wine or scotch - what would be the differences for the reading - I was so upset - I don't remember
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There is no way of knowing that. It depends on your metobolism and how your body breaks down alcohol. That isn't a legal question. It is really a medical one and cannot be known remotely from my experience of what experts will say.Generally speaking, whiskey is more concentrated so the alcohol content will be higher but there isn't much in it.I would be careful before you raise this defence though. This defence is known as the hip flask defence and they can always do BAC calculations to show how much alcohol would have been in your blood stream at the time of the driving. Also, Magistrates might want to understand why your response to driving home was to drink more. If you genuinely did consume alcohol after driving then the defence is one you must run. Can I clarify anything for you?Jo