Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have a background screening process job offer and

Customer Question

I have a background screening process for a job offer and last year I was stopped for not paying for car insurance
There was a fixed penalty and the licence was endorsed with points.
There is a question on the employment screening form as follows :
Do you have any convictions or cautions for criminal offences (excluding minor traffic offences that did not result in a ban from driving or did not involve driving without an insurance), or are you currently involved in, or subject to, an criminal proceedings? If yes, please provide details.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When you say you ere stopped for not paying for car insurance does that mean you had no valid insurance at the time?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - When you say you were stopped for not paying for car insurance does that mean you had no valid insurance at the time?