Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I tow a mobile climbing wall. It weighs 3000kg. With

Customer Question

Hi,I tow a mobile climbing wall. It weighs 3000kg. With the tow vehicle that puts me over the Tacho limits. I know that I can drive it up to 100km radius without a tacho as its a tool for my job & I run the wall when its on site so my main job is not as a driver. However I am getting enquires for further away.1, As the trailer is "fixed plant" IE it carries no load apart from its self would that exempt me from the tacho regs?2, As the climbing wall is used for educational purposes would that exempt me from the tacho regs?
(I know that Avon & Somerset took a person to court with the same wall & lost as they claimed it was for educational purposes)3, As it is also a "fairground ride or equipment" would that make it exempt?In all cases can you link to the relevant regulations / actual court cases.Thanks
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I will look into the relevant information and laws and get back to you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. There is a bit of research involved in this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I have been trying for a long time to find the relevant case law re the Avon & Somerset case (In 2012 I think). The Gov depts dont even seem to understand the question never mind have an answer.As the over 100km radius can be for two job types
1, scout / guides where the intent is to teach
&
2, events, fetes, parties ect where the intent is to have funwe really need two exemptions to apply or limit the type of jobs we take on.The cost of fitting a tacho & keeping to the ongoing record keeping would negate the profits from the jobs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Are you any further with this yet?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I cannot do this amount of research for this price. I have opted out for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was part of my free trial membership?